Purchasing and Licensing FAQ
Version 1.0, Published 11/10/21
How do I access the software and data?
Valuation Software (Locally Installed on Windows PC)
ValuSource Pro, BVM Pro, Express Business Valuation and ValuSource Pro international are installed and run on a Windows computer.
Web Data Applications
Web Software Applications
Business Evaluation Systems www.bvdataworld.com
Online Business Valuation www.onlinebv.com
Damages Advocate www.damagesapp.com
How do I download ValuSource Pro, BVM Pro, Express Business Valuation, and Business Valuation Report Writer?
How do I place an order?
Phone: ValuSource 800-825-8763, NACVA 800-677-2009
All subscriptions have 1 year duration, whether you pay monthly or annually and include technical support.
Note: You can NOT cancel a subscription before it expires.
What happens if I don’t pay for my subscription?
Your account for that product will be suspended until make a payment and get current (we will attempt to email and call you prior to any suspension).
Note: If your account is suspended, Valusource does not provide an extension for the suspension period.
What’s the difference between customers and users?
Customers place subscription orders with Valusource and pay for the products.
Users refer to the individual using the product under a license.
Single vs Multiuser Purchases.
- Single user purchases only have a single individual accessing the product.
- Multi-user purchases have multiple individuals accessing the product, but only in a single physical location.
Do you offer Trials Versions and do you have a 30-day Guarantee?
- We offer fully functional 7-day trials of our valuation and damages products.
- We do NOT offer trials of our data products.
- When a trial expires, you can continue using the product only if you purchase a subscription.
- Our Windows-based installed software products have a 30-day money back guarantee, so we offer full refunds during the first month of paid service following the end of the trial, if you decide it’s not for you.
- To be entitled to this, you must contact us at email@example.com or call us at (719) 548-4900 to cancel before the end of the 30-day period.
- After 30 days, we do not provide refunds or exchanges.
Can I Use of Word and Excel files after expiration of a subscription?
- ValuSource products contain Word and Excel files.
- Once a subscription has expired, customers may not use these Word or Excel files (or any portion of them) to create new work products.
Can I use the documents, spreadsheets or printouts, from Valusource products after the expiration of a subscription?
- Yes, if they were created or used during the subscription term as part of a work product for a client of customer.
- No, to create a new work product for a client of customer.
Are there any Data Specific Restrictions as part of a Purchase?
- A user license is required for every individual who works on a project, valuation, report, recommendation, analysis or study that contains or is based on data or other information obtained through valusource.com (including without limitation, through KeyValueData.com/BVDataWorld.com).
- Example of working on a project, valuation, report, recommendation, analysis or study: when an individual selects data, analyze data, or develop comparisons, calculations, opinions, deductions or conclusions, on data or make recommendations based on the data.
- Allowed: non-licensed users may format, duplicate or transmit reports.
- Not Allowed: non-licensed users may not act as a reviewer or contributor to any project, valuation, report, recommendation or study.
- For clarify, each of the following require a license if any of them work on a project, valuation, report, recommendation, analysis or study that contains or is based on data or other information obtained through Valusource: appraisers, brokers, consultants, advisors, planners, strategist, financial planners and accountants.
Do you track Windows software, web data and web application access?
- Yes, we track and store both software, data and web application access including logins, logouts, search parameters, username, software version, IP address, data downloads, number of reports, etc. for tech support and product improvement and compliance purposes.
What’s the difference between Single vs Multi-user licenses?
- Single User (Software, Web Data Application and Web Software Application) License means one designated user may access the Software, Web Data Application or Web Software Application. With respect to the Software, remote access through Citrix or other remote access software is allowed by such user, and the Software may only be installed on two computers.
- If you need to move a license from one computer to another, call support and they can assist you moving the license from one computer to another one.
- Multi-User Designated Office (Web Data Application) License means more than one user may access the data at one designated physical office (Designated Office) so long as these users have their permanent physical office located at the Designated Office. In addition, such users may access the data from other geographic locations.
Can I share login credentials?
- With the exception of a designated administrative or clerical individuals, user may not share their login credentials with any other person.
- All multiuser licensees may use the customer’s login credentials provided by Valusource.
What About Client Data you store on Valusource Servers?
Some of our web applications, like OBV, BES, and Damages Advocate, store client data on our servers. You agree to give us permission to access it for tech support, product improvement and compliance purposes.
Tech Support Details:
Hours: Tech support is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM MT to 5:00 PM MT.
Phone: 719-548-4900 x3
Can Tech Support Remote Login to Help?
- With Customer’s consent, ValuSource technical support may login to Customer’s computing environment to diagnose and resolve support issues.
- Without permission, ValuSource’s ability to diagnose or resolve support issues may be significantly limited.
You must be on the latest version of the software in order to be eligible for support. When a new version is released, there is a 12-month grace period where the prior version is eligible for support.
Do I receive Software and web application updates?
Web-Based Applications: For our web-based applications (including OBV, BES and Damages Advocate) the applications are continuously updated, and Customers receive all updates that Valusource provides to other customers under support for no additional fee.
Software: Customer are entitled to updates to the software AS LONG AS you are on the latest version of the software.
- Also, you will have access to updates for one version prior to the latest version if it’s within 12 months of the release of the latest version.
- If you are not on an annual subscription, you will NOT have no charge access to product upgrades (i.e. the software has a new major version number, like from 8.0 to 9.0).
What browsers are supported for web products?
Major Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
- Valusource will make commercially reasonable efforts to update our web applications to operate properly with the supported browsers, however, these browsers make continual changes and Valusource cannot guarantee its web applications are or continue to be compatible with them.
What operating systems and versions of Office do you support?
Valusource Software is compatible with Windows 10 or later and Office 2016 or later.
- We stop providing support for the operating system and office version when Microsoft stops supporting it.